Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update

I have been having contractions since I got up at 6:30 yesterday morning. I went to the doctor at 8:00 AM yesterday for my regular appointment.  Everything looked great on the ultrasound. Baby is breathing well and the fluid levels are good. When I was on the monitor Dr. Stonehocker told us to stay in Albuquerque because I was in prelabor and would probably end up in the hospital by the end of the day. I hadn't realized that my contractions were that close together. I was getting them every 4 minutes for about 1 minute at a time. The doctor told us to go find somewhere to just walk around.  We went to Weck's for breakfast. I had French Toast on whole wheat and Brian had huevos rancheros. Next Brian took me to Hancock Fabrics and I bought a ton of 100% cotton fabric on the $1/yard table. The doctor did tell me to stay on my feet and what better way than to shop, yes? Brian got a hair cut and sat in a little coffee shop while I bought fabric. Next we went to the aquarium and gardens and walked around for a few hours. No change, just the same constant, dull, achy contractions. Then we went to Rudy's BBQ and ate pulled pork sandwiches and ribs. Their slogan on the side of the building is "The worst BBQ on Earth." It wasn't the worst, but it was close. The last thing we did was go to the Coronado Mall and walk around a bunch in there. It was way to hot to walk outside at that point. We finally came home at around 5:30 because nothing was progressing. I went to bed at 8:30. I didn't get up til 8:30 this morning and that is awesome. 


I am still having contractions so hopefully this is the day =) I wouldn't hold my breath though because my uterus is incredibly uncooperative.  Time to go to Lowe's, Albertson's and Horseman's. Maybe between the spicy food and all the walking around it will go somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment